Alchemi [.NET Grid Computing Framework]
The Alchemi website is being relocated and will be up soon. In the meantime, you can still access the essential information from this temporary website.
March 25, 2004
v0.6.1 is now available. Changes from v0.6.0:
March 19, 2004
- Bug fixes.
- No need to compile the GThread-derived class separately as a .dll .. all code can be in a single file (please see the Examples / documentation).
- Windows XP style UI for Manager and Executor.
v0.6.0 is now available. Changes from v0.5.2:
Please see the "Grid Programming" section in the documentation for more information.
- Bug fixes.
- Fault tolerance: detection of disconnection of both dedicated and non-dedicated Executors and associated cleanup.
- Fewer delays with dedicated scheduling.
- Additional core functionality (abort thread, abort application etc.).
- Grid threads now execute in a System.Threading.Thread on the Executor.
- Error details (if any) of remotely executed thread available via the GThread.RemoteExecutionException property.
- API for submitting and monitoring tasks/jobs (including example application).
- Console user interface for submitting tasks/jobs and monitoring applications/threads and tasks/jobs (including example usage).
- Parallel Mandelbrot set generator sample application using the thread model.
Download (Version 0.6.1)
Binaries (Windows Installers)
Source - Alchemi-0.6.1-src.zip
SDK - Alchemi-0.6.1-sdk.zip
Alchemi: A .NET-based Grid Computing Framework and its Integration into Global Grids
Akshay Luther, Rajkumar Buyya, Rajiv Ranjan, and Srikumar Venugopal [ PDF ]
Questions, comments, feature requests, bug reports etc. to: Akshay Luther